Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 2018 Day 2 Activity 2

Fabulous Ferns
Today we had to name all the NZ sports teams with the words "fern" in their names.

There are 7 teams that have fern in their name - Silver Ferns (Netball), Black Ferns (Rugby), Tall Ferns (Basketball), Kiwi Ferns (League), Football Ferns (Football), White Ferns (Cricket), Ice Fernz (Ice Hockey!)

Image result for black ferns jersey
Black Ferns
These are my top 3.

Black Ferns (Rugby)
White Ferns (Cricket)
Tall Ferns (Basketball)

I like the Black Ferns Jersey because it is simple and because I like the hidden designs in it.
Image result for white ferns jersey
White Ferns

I like the White Ferns jersey because it has a
cool fern design. I also like it because it stands 
out in the pink. 





Image result for tall ferns jersey
Tall Ferns


I like the Tall Ferns singlet because it has cool 
designs down the side. Also because it is simple and it is a cool looking black/grey.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora William,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme this year. It is great to see that you are working with us again this year. Welcome back to the SLJ!

    I hope that you are enjoying the journey so far. I have certainly enjoyed reading your posts. Like you, I think that the tall ferns jersey is really cool. It's simple but quite striking, isn't it? It actually reminds me of the LA Lakers jersey in that it is simple with bold colours. Obviously, the LA Lakers jersey has different colours but it uses a basic two-tone scheme, like the tall ferns jersey.

    I can see from your blog that you like the LA Lakers. I am a big fan of basketball myself, having grown up in Canada. I am actually from the same town as Dr James Naismith (the original inventor of basketball). We have the Basketball Hall of Fame in our town (Almonte) and often have special players and coaches come to visit. Do you have a favourite basketball player or coach? I have been watching quite a bit of the Boston Celtics recently and really admire their coach, Brad Stevens. He is young but seems to have created a really good team atmosphere.

    I hope that you have the chance to watch some b-ball over the holidays! I also hope that you will have time to re-join the SLJ in January. We'll be online every day until Friday 25 January 2019.

    See you online soon, I hope!

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello William!

    This is a great blog post for the summer learning journey. I like how you have presented this blog post. Why did you pick these teams? This reminded me of when I did this activity for the summer learning journey.

    Keep up the great work William!

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.