Thursday 18 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 2 Day 5

Flying cars
Today's question was, your family is deciding on a new car and you have just learnt to drive. So...

If I'm not reading about rugby, I'm reading about cars, so I know quite a lot about this topic which is why I have detoured my thought to this.
Image result for toyota hilux

This is a life sized Tonka version of my favorite toy car, the Toyota Hilux.  It was made for the 80th birthday of Toyota and the 70th birthday for Tonka.  I would choose this because it is built to take a hammering, which is good when you live on the West Coast! Another thing is that it has a huge engine providing lots of horsepower and torque. It has a 6mm thick bash plate underneath so nothing will hurt its ginormous engine which produces 174 horsepower and 420 Nm torque. To match it, it has 35 inch diameter wheels which has a lift kit, this can lift you 150mm higher. This is the ultimate truck and I know that my dad would really enjoy driving this truck when we are 4wd into remote rivers.  I don't think that my mum would enjoy it as it is too big for her!  I would definitely drive this!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora William,

    I do think I have seen the toy version of this car before, but I never knew that they created a life-sized version of it! Wow that is so cool! It's great that you have even added some facts about how the Tonka Hilux is built and some things that it can do. It sounds like a very big, powerful car. Where would be the first place you take this monster out for a spin?

    I'm so glad you have shared your favourite car onto your blog. You have done a super job of creating this blog post! However, if you go back to the activity on the Summer Learning Journey you will see that the activity asks you to choose your favourite out of the three cars - the red convertible, the black hummer, or the white flying car. Since you have already done this activity (just a little differently), I am happy for you to complete this activity through a reply to my comment.

    Which car would you like the most and why?

    With your awesome blogging skills, you can do this easy. I know you can. :)

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emiely.

    If I had to choose out of the following three it would be the Black Hummer. I chose this car because it looks like it is built to be hammered and that is what happens to our cars now as we like to go into remote places to kayak. This car would also be very good in an emergency, like if we had an earthquake we would be able to leave our house in the car and get to higher ground (as we are right on the beach)

    From Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Will,

      Great choice! The Black Hummer certainly does look like it would be able to take a hammering!

      Thanks for your reply. I have now made sure that you gain full points. Keep up the great blogging, Will.

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete
  3. Will, you know me well: you're right, I'd love the Tonka Hilux more than the others. I also like your rationale. This was a bit of a gift question for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.