Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity 1

The Legend of New Zealand
Today we need to list some facts about New Zealand.
Here are my facts

New Zealand is also called Aotearoa which means "land of the long white cloud"

Queen Elizabeth II is officially the Queen of New Zealand she is represented in our country by a Governor General who is Dame Patsy Reedy. She has been our Governor General since 2016.

30% of New Zealand is covered by forest.

Bonus Fact: Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise because it is 496 kilometres away from the International Date Line

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora William!
    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey for the 2018 summer. My Name is Hasiba, I am from Summer Learning Journey team.

    This is a great start, thank you for sharing such interesting facts. One of my favourite facts of all time is your bonus fact! I love how Gisborne, New Zealand is the first city to see the sunrise. We are so lucky to live in such a wonderful country.

    I am also pleased we have no snakes!
    I am excited to see what you post next
    Hasiba :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello William!

    These facts are really interesting. Who knew that 30% of our land is covered in forests. I like how you have added an extra fact. How cool would it be to be one of the firsts in the world to see the sun each day.

    Keep up the great work William!

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Willam!!

    These facts are really interesting. I put the same because I did not know that. How cool would that be to see the fact in real life.

    Well done!!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.