Thursday 18 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey 2017-2018 Day 5 Activity 1

Your Future Self.
In this activity we had to take a moment to look at our future self. 

Image result for sports logoAfter I finish High School I would like to go to university and do media studies as I would like to get into Sports Commentary. Then later on work for companies such as Sky TV doing rugby and cricket commentary. Later on I would like to travel overseas and be a broadcaster for sports events such as the Olympics, Rugby World Cup and everything in between!

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora William,

    I studied media studies in high school and I remember it was one of my favourite subjects! We got to make comedic short films, plan for a documentary, analyse movies and more. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad to hear you are wanting to study it too. Being a commentator sounds like it is right up your alley. I know that you really enjoy your sports and through reading your blogs, you have a lot to say (this is a good thing)! You wrote a great description of your future self and being a commentator uses the skill of exactly that - describing!

    Is there a particular commentator you look up to or one day might want to work alongside? Maybe you could add a link of them commentating!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Emiely. Will does a great verbal commentary at all sorts of times, and I think he would enjoy media (based on how he is now as an 11 year old).
    Will, I enjoyed your response including the way you've phrased it. Your writing is developing a sort of speech-like quality, which is a good thing if that's what you intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Andy,

      Will is a fantastic blogger. He's been putting a lot of effort into his blog and it has been a pleasure to be able to comment on his hard work. Your support on his blog posts is also highly valuable and appreciated.

      Thank you for your support, Andy!

      Keep up the great blogging Will!

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.