Wednesday 24 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey 2017-2018 Day 1 Activity 1

Celebrating a win
Our activity today was to explain what our family does when they celebrate a special event, like birthdays. 



In my family we celebrate birthdays. In the summer break is when I have my birthday. We celebrate this by me getting up at 7:00 to have a birthday breakfast (if this was my mum's it would be in bed!) but I have mine at the table with my family. We celebrate by giving gifts, this year I was very lucky and I received what I really wanted. I often have my friends come over (if we aren't away camping) This year we went to the pool and had lots of fun. Another way we celebrate is by my mum and dad making a birthday cake. This year it was a mountain biking themed one. I used lego people for fans of a biker who was on a lego bike. It looked really cool. I know I am lucky to celebrate my birthday the way that I do.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Will,

    Wow your family sure does know how to make someone feel special on their birthday! Being able to share your birthday with close family and friends is the way to go.

    That cake looks so cool! A combination of all my favourite chocolates... Yuuuuum. I could eat that entire cake. Your Mum and Dad have done an amazing job of it! It is also really awesome that you said "I know I am lucky to celebrate my birthday the way I do". It shows that you are a humble and grounded person - what admirable qualities to have.

    Happy Birthday by the way!!! How old did you turn?

    I'm so sad to be saying this, but today is actually my last day working at the Summer Learning Journey. I've really enjoyed reading your high quality posts, looking at your pictures, commenting on your work and hearing back from you through your replies. Thanks for sharing your learning journey with me this summer. Being part of your blogging journey has been a highlight for me this summer. I think you are an awesome kid. :)

    Allie (Mrs Costello) will be in Grey Main School early in Term 1 to hand out certificates and prizes for the Summer Learning Journey. Ellee (the other blogger for the West Coast) and I are trying to make a video so you can all see what we look like. Hopefully this gets played to you and you can watch it! :)

    All the best with returning back to school soon! Enjoy 2018, I'm sure the future holds great things for you!

    Keep up the great blogging (you have until midnight tomorrow)! Thanks again for sharing part of your summer with us Will! Hope to see you blogging again next summer.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emiely. Thank you heaps for my comments, I have really enjoyed reading these and replying to you. This year I turned 11.
    I hope you enjoy 2018.
    I definitely will be back for 2018-2019!
    From Will

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.